About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States
Londoner living in the cutesy neighbourhood of Los Feliz, Los Angeles. Visual merchandising in the corporate fashion world by day, [MODERNISTA] is my creative outlet outside of my day job - my canvas to speak openly about anything and everything. So enjoy...the whimsical world of the [MODERNISTA]...

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Beyond The Sea

        It's no coincidence that I bought my car at the Toyota dealership in Santa Monica. I could have just as easily gone to the Hollywood location five minutes down the street. The truth is, I'll use any excuse to go to the seaside. And so it has been my ritual for the past three years to drop off my car at the dealership for its routine service, walk to 3rd Street Promenade, pick up some fruit and veg from the farmers market, grab some breakfast, people-watch, and then spend the morning/afternoon milling around the stores.
         This past Saturday was no different. After getting some coffee and scrambled eggs with bacon and avocado (no bread; I have been on a carbless, sugarless diet for the past 11 days - but more about this later), I took a stroll around the promenade. I love being outside on the weekends. I spend much of the work week indoors so I crave sunlight and good old vitamin D!
         Went to the Adidas store and eyed these cool pink/green/grey adiprenes for hiking...the rattlesnakes on the trail will be able to spot me a mile away!

Adidas Adiprene G24155, $80

 I was taken with these Anthropologie rattan benches in the window...just beautiful...for a mere $1800


  They also had a yummy fuschia, chiffon maxi skirt by Esme & Esyllte that was calling my name...


Lengthening Rays Skirt, Anthropologie by Esme & Esyllte, $128

Color blocking is a key trend for the season, as seen on the runways of Jil Sander, Gucci, Prada and Christopher Kane


Zara was in full color block mode, with bright mod oranges, reds, blues, yellows and greens. Even the shoes were color block..


I snagged this cool, electric blue knit top...perfect for wearing with a contrasting-coloured mini skirt, denim shorts or jeans.

Asymmetric Top, Zara, $39
But my biggest score of the day was at American Apparel. Not only do they have amazing pieces right now but they also just launched their brand new line of denim. The staff were super friendly, which is always a bonus.

Puff Sleeve Lace Crop Top, American Apparel, $44

Light Wash High Waist Denim Shorts, American Apparel, $58


Roll on, summer time!!





No comments:

Post a Comment